Thursday, August 11, 2011

black frame tour



i was sitting in the living room today and realized that 
i love black frames.
i love black and white photos in black frames.
i love black and white photos and sketches in black frames so much that
i have gone a bit overboard around the house.

would you like to see?
ok, i will take you on a tour.........

kitchen


nicole made these pencil sketchings for me for my birthday a few years ago
and i immediately put them in black frames and hung them in the kitchen.


family room


in the family room hang three of my favorite photos by margo.
they are photos of flowers she found on the property.



tv room


to surprise paul for father's day this year, 
i had the architectural drawings from our house renovations framed in black frames.
paul's father, grandpa gerry is our architect so they mean a lot to all of us.

grandpa gerry still hand draws his plans - no autocad for him!!
he even draws in our furniture, plants, names the rooms etc.
we love you grandpa!


in the corner of one of the plans sits a precious picture of paul and his dad 
from many years ago.

my office


on the wall of my office hangs one of my favorite photos of my children. 
 i sent this as a christmas card photo a few years ago.

stairwell


up the stairs we go........
i love this collection of family photos that nearly cover the wall.

upstairs hall


my sister in law, laura researched and created a family tree
for each of her sibling's families as a precious christmas present.  

downstairs bathroom


back downstairs again.
in the bathroom, i have sketches nicole drew of vertebrae from an 
animal kill we found down by the stream.

guest room hall


many years ago, paul's mom gave me these beautiful wood shaving 
african pictures.

guest room


prints of african animals hang in the guest room



guest room bathroom


this is a lithograph that i won at a new years eve party a few years ago.

i absolutely love the simple image of a shade tree.


there you go,
end of tour.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour, Jan. I recognised some of the photos. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome, margo. you feature in some of the photos in the stairwell so we get to see you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And every day I send my love to you.

    ReplyDelete