Thursday, February 23, 2012

on interiors - master bed and bath


so, a friend of mine was over at my house and asked me if i was afraid of color.
i don't think i am, but it got me thinking about interior decorating.

i have definitely, yet subconsciously, chosen to "color" my house in neutrals -
gorgeous, clear, clean, crisp neutrals and straight lines.

grays, silver, black, tan, maple and shades of white.

in fact, if you ask me what my favorite color is, i will answer......silver.

hmmm, why am i attracted to shades and not colors?
i think i have figured it out.

i have chosen to shade the background of my life in neutrals
and let the color in my life emanate from:

my husband, my children, nature, food and art.

the vibrant personalities, faces and lifestyle of my loved ones impact my world
with more stimulation, energy, and vigor than any paint, fabric or accessory
could rival!

for the next few posts, we'll take a tour of our subdued canvas. 
the house that provides us
  the backdrop in which to shine.....

the master bed and bath










No comments:

Post a Comment