Monday, August 19, 2013

california

we've just returned from los angeles where we spent a fun filled long weekend including a lovely wedding open house hosted by andrew's parents.  we spent the first couple of days with paul's brother and his family in bakersfield.  i knew i was in california when i found myself sitting in the pool snacking on a bunch of freshly picked grapes.  this is the life, mmmmmm!  i love when my kids are able to spend fun times with cousins.


wedding open house.....


the groom dressing for the evening.  it was great to be with margo & andrew again.  we've missed them already!  they had such a lovely time on their honeymoon in chamonix, france and gave us a recap of all the places they visited.


nicole and max drove up from l.a. so the family was together once again - my best!


delicious buffet spread and rita's italian ice for dessert.


jo and heidi and my dad chatting away. my dad and two of my brothers drove up from san diego for the evening.


my very funny brother lance sporting the "homeless duck dynasty" look.  lance.....why?


my brother greg and my nephew adam.  i haven't seen adam for ever, what a nice guy.


family.


gabi in her new l.a. outfit.


cousins!  more to come.......

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Just look at Gabi! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping in L.A. A girl's dream come true!

      Delete
  2. Well, GAbi has just wowed me as well! And freshly picked grapes in the pool. And seeing my oh so handsome sons together.
    Thanks Janet for keeping us all connected with happy family events. The reception looks charming. The brilliant colours of the fruit offset by the simple blue and white checks. Your turn to be a spectator and admire everyone else's efforts.
    Fran and Gabi together always takes my breath away. Remember them at Julia's wedding, with Jenny. A lovely trio.
    Your birthday on the water looks like the best kind of summer birthday celebration. Love to the grandchildren and Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mervyl. It was such a fun and full weekend. I have loved spending this summer with family here, there and everywhere! The best.

      Delete