Friday, September 27, 2013

autumn has arrived


autumn is here!  gabi and friends celebrated this cold, rainy day (really? more rain?) with hot cups of cocoa for afternoon tea.  i love autumn. it is my favorite season to dream of.  i look forward to breezy, cool days, colorful changes, longer nights and comfort food.  i am rejuvenated with this calmer, more comfortable weather.  a more natural time for me to make new resolutions.........

mastering - knitting
eating - only at mealtimes - i am a hopeless snacker
reading - continue knocking off my classic literature book list
drinking - rooibos tea
speaking - positively
wearing - what is comfortable and loved - jeans, boots and big sweaters will do me just fine
appreciating - the daily routine and all things small and seemingly insignificant
baking - a sunday cake each week, i've got a bazillion pinterest recipes to try
walking - down to the stream with roxy each day 
working - on my preschool curriculum and other projects that make my heart sing
communicating - regularly with each of my away from home children
organizing - garage
listening - before speaking
spending - loads of down time with my husband
playing - with my playful gabi
supporting - sebastian as he makes plans for the future
reconfirming - the truth that knowledge, relationships and experiences are most important
loving - with an open, compassionate heart
wanting - to simplify, simplify, simplify

have a lovely weekend!


3 comments:

  1. A wonderful list... I am going to join you in some of your resolutions... not the only eat at meal times though... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete