Friday, March 21, 2014

life lessons


a   mind that     is
 stretched      by a 
new    experience
can       never  go
   back       to      its    
old    dimensions.



this life truth i realize today as i continue to heal from the brain injury i suffered in a car 
accident at the start of the year.  i own it as a beautiful thought, a fortuned opportunity for 
growth and insight.  only positive, it holds true for everyone young and old.  by choice or 
unforseen, each new experience we encounter through the course of our lives teaches, 
nurtures, broadens, educates.  a necessary and purposeful part of our experience here.  

my unexpected, anxious, disheartening and bewildering experience is also blessing
 me and filling me with a keen, new sense of wonderment.  i am aware and full of 
gratefulness for the simple, the basic, the taken for granted.  i am feeling a heightened
 sense of discernment enabling me to understand, not just hear, what others communicate.
  the fluff, the nonsense, the unnecessary is being identified as unimportant so my brain's
 present compromised abilities may focus on the meaningful which speaks honesty to my 
heart.  i want and welcome this new, alert and greater sense of awareness to the relevant.  
stay and be my mind's new dimension.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am excited for you! Much love as always and continued wishes for a continued recovery. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your insights. I had the feeling that you would be able to see this as a very valuable, mind-changing experience that would lead you to a higher level of self-awareness. Love you Jan... X

    ReplyDelete