Friday, June 26, 2015

Evreux, France

after le mans, paul and i said our goodbyes to dear friends and headed out on our own through the french countryside. our first stop was the town of evreux. i was born in evreux and have never made a return visit. needless to say, i was very anxious and excited to explore my beautiful birth village. 


a flowing, flowered canal runs through the town, a magnificent cathedral stands as the centerpiece and across the fountained square rises a delicate and graceful bell tower of which i became completely enamored. 
all the pieces for the setting of a fairy tale. it was more magical than i have ever imagined.


there was even a prince....


my birth story

in the early sixties, my father worked for the u.s. air force as a civilian. he was stationed in france in the city of chateauroux. one weekend, my parents drove up to the air force base in evreux about three and a half hours away so my dad could compete in a soft ball tournament. (my mom was eight months pregnant with me at the time) during the game, one of his teammates slid into home base tearing up his leg quite badly. remembering the first aid kit in our car (a cute, little peugeot), my mom ran across a field to fetch it. that got things going and i was born a couple of hours later. 
after two days, the air force flew my mom and i back home to the base in chateauroux.

i've always felt that i was born under a lucky, french star. after this visit, i feel it must have also been enchanted.

thank you, my loving husband. you continue to make my every dream come true. 
this truly was a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment