Wednesday, January 19, 2011

winter pick me ups



in my laundry room, i have dried rose bundles, 
romantic gifts given to me by my loving husband through the years...
every once in a while, when they are disturbed by a breeze or a passerby,
they drop their petals.  i love finding them by surprise in the laundry basket
or sometimes even on my shoulder.  today, i found a few on the stool i was about to sit upon.......



simple joys....


last mother's day, i received my first orchid plant.  
i had always been wary of owning one, thinking that they were delicate, fussy and difficult to care for.  
but, my phalaenopsis has been an absolute, carefree joy to have.  
it lives in our music room next to windows that receive indirect light
 and it has been very happy there for months.  it lost it's blooms a few weeks ago 
and just today i noticed that it has bloomed again.... success!



snuggling up with dad on a cold winter's day.



my pup, roxy just noticed the squirrels outside the window.......
this is what she lives for......



i just couldn't resist, photographing lila and ryan's sweet, little candy-striped mittens today.  
they took them off and tossed them onto the snow after they had been 
jumping on the trampoline for a few minutes.  "we're too hot."



i am the president of the women's organization at our church. 
tonight we are hosting a large dinner so I spent the afternoon cooking
 and making these bright, cheery goodie bags, filled with chocolates.....
no one is ever too old for goodie bags........nor chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. How tender is that photo of Paul and his Gabi.
    And then the very next one of Roxy.

    My son has a tender heart filled with rose petals.
    Which he scatters on his way thru life. Thank you Paul.

    ReplyDelete