Monday, May 9, 2011

mother's day


happy mother's day

i love this picture of me and my stylin' mom.
what more could you want than a beautiful, nurturing, loving mother and christmas!!

there are perks to being the oldest of six-
i got to have my mom all to myself for  2 1/2 years.
i love you mom and wish we could have shared this day together.
i would love for you to hold me again and whisper loving, mothering things in my ear.



what a lovely day......

- a french toast layered with nutella and sliced bananas breakfast in bed

- an order to stay out of the kitchen

- so, a morning spent creating these thrifty arrangements to take to church for the women's class
(i used my lobelia hanging plants and added sunflowers and carnations - stayed in the church budget!)

- listened to a clever and heartfelt mother's day talk given by sebastian in front of the entire church congregation

- listened to sweet music sung by gabrielle and other beautiful children for their mothers

- kids followed the one rule on mother's day: if you would like to give a gift, it must be something you created.  so i received this beautiful framed collection of me with each of my beautiful babies.  thank you girls. oh, and bright, fun earrings by gabi.


then, i was ordered up to my room to read while sunday lunch was being prepared.....




dad is away so the kids took over completely.  don't i have gorgeous and talented children?



but wait..........2 more beautiful kids at the table - my "adopted" boys caleb and josh spoiled me as well.
thank you, all!!

later in the evening, the kids and i spent hours watching old family videos.  we just couldn't get enough of the memories...

i also received one of those types of e-mails from my far away nicole that made me think....
if i didn't happen to wake up tomorrow morning, i would have died a happy, contented mother.
thank you, my dear, dear daughter.

and thanks to all of you for your loving efforts to make my day and make me feel so loved.
i love you too.
signed,
truly, the luckiest mom in the world


No comments:

Post a Comment