Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the children were nestled all snug in their beds...


for one night this weekend,
i had all 5 of my children sleeping under our home roof.
i slept well.
what a rare and precious night.

i still love looking in on my children, even the adult ones, as they sleep.
i just stand and stare and remember.

when they were little, i treasured seeing the quiet, docile, innocent, little bodies
resting after a rambuctious, loud and rowdy day.
it gave me balance. 
now, i think remembering gives me balance.


it was a cold and cozy weekend altogether.
margo and lauren made us the ultimate comfort food.


french onion soup,


and warm molasses gingerbread cake 
with
homemade pumpkin and gingersnap ice cream.

bye, my darling margo.
we'll see you at thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment