Saturday, September 8, 2012

humble jumble of herbs





my nearly neglected and thankfully low maintenance herb garden
has quietly gone about its business this summer
without asking much of me.

today, distracted in my anxious and far away thoughts, i turned the corner and was greeted by 
an all but forgotten yet bright, joyously jumbled, happy, herbal community of 
bees buzzing in the basil, spicy nasturtium and neighborly parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

with forgiving hearts, these self-effacing plants lifted my spirits and awakened my every sense.
i stopped and sat and pondered their beauty, simplicity and humble gifts.
my heart is calm once again.
thank you for reminding me to slow down, look around and savor the silent, subtle and simple.

for here is where peace is found.


No comments:

Post a Comment