Sunday, May 12, 2013

happy mother's day


a very happy mother's day
to mothers everywhere.

most especially, happy mother's day to my beautiful and kind hearted mother.
she has taught me the preciousness of each life and to tread softly upon the heart. 
that everyone has a story and with that, wisdom to share.

and to paul's lovely and generous mother who has taught me the strength
and power of the individual.  that children, when enveloped in a haven 
of love, support, nurturing and clear expectations will burst forth, unbridled 
to the realization of their own unique and limitless potential.

motherhood is a powerful calling.




4 comments:

  1. and a happy mothering year to you, sweet janet.. your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom... and paul is so lucky to have you as the mom of his kids...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind Margo. During those early years in Cape Town, I watched you very closely and learned so much from YOUR loving mothering. Thank you for your mentoring. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

      Delete
  2. no comment from the peanut gallery on this thread....just a resounding AMEN !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Janet,
    reading your thoughts on this cool morning in Provo, after returning from a Mothers Day spent with Jo and Heidi in Bakersfield. Thank you for the comments - what else could I have done with my singularly independent remarkable children. They are the flowers in my eternal garden. Growing on their own now, replacing themselves with their children. Vigilant, tender and resourceful parents. And you dear Iconic Mother, know that your garden has been planted well.
    I enjoy the fruits of your planting - your harvest enriches my life in so many ways. Let me count them .... Nicole (happy birthday tomorrow) Margo always mine, newly discovered Ben, sweet Sebastian and Gabi growing beyond belief. And to the master of this garden - my son Paul who has become the man he was always intended to be.
    My deepest appreciation and love to all those mentioned who remembered me on Mothers Day in that beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete