Monday, October 7, 2013

autumn magic



lately, there is a fleeting moment in the late afternoon that has me spellbound with its light.
i finally captured it the other day so i may conjoure up this magic at will.


this autumnal time of year pulls me back into the kitchen and encourages me
to bake.  i made these little cinnamon sugar coated maple apple cakes to satisfy
that autumn need for spice and apple.  


some of the first trees to change their color around here are the cottonwoods.  
they create spots of gold here
and there among their grand branches and then drop them for passersby to collect, 
like me.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like life is resuming a kind of normality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has and it has me feeling nervous. Beware of the calm...

      Delete