Monday, November 18, 2013

eTown



what an amazing weekend we had celebrating paul's birthday.
on saturday, paul and i took in the early bird showing of the movie about time.  what a joy! 
highly recommended for a feel good, change the way you view your day/life/world kind of movie!

we also took a snowy drive up the newly opened coal creek canyon just up the road.
this canyon has been closed since the floods and it felt good to be able to escape to the mountains again.


next, we got to listen to our songbird daughter perform
at her voice recital.  she sang
The Boy Next Door from Meet me in St. Louis
and
I Feel Pretty from West Side Story.
beautifully done, gabi!!


we had a delicious sunday dinner with friends
and brownie birthday cake for dessert.

then to finish the birthday weekend off with a bang........
we went to a live eTown radio show recording session
to watch the handmade song series winners perform. (third item on the feed)
willow tree was amazing!!  i am so proud of my boy. here is the audition video eTown made for ethan and sebastian performing their song, tell your sister.  what more could a father want than to see his kids sharing what they love and doing themselves proud.  as for me, well...between the movie and watching my kids perform, i was pretty much in tears the whole weekend.

                       



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me share a bit of it with you... Paul deserves a happy birthday, and I could not believe how beautifully Sab and Ethan sound together. Well done, Jan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listened to this twice now and so enjoyed it. Well done dear Sab. On the other hand I do so wish that I could have heard Gabi sing those two old time faves. Glad that Paul had such a beautiful day. Need to see that movie - haven't heard of it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your dear children. Give my love to Ben Meyer. I'll miss him for a while. Thank you Janet dear for keeping us far away, in touch with your daily joys. We love you - all of you.

    ReplyDelete