Saturday, April 20, 2013

heart strings

i thought i would do something a little differently today.
i'd like to share with you the wonderful world of children's illustrations.
it's a magical place i get to visit regularly as i develop my preschool curriculum.
i am studying these four artists at the moment who inspire me
when it comes to clear, comforting, interesting scenic images familiar enough to touch the heartstrings of children and adults alike.



girl with dog by ilon wikland
a swedish artist and illustrator.  she is the illustrator of one of my favorite
children's christmas books written by astrid lindgren, christmas in noisy village.


by ana pez
i've just discovered ana pez, a talented artist from madrid, spain.


hansel and gretel by migy
a bright, young artist.


carrefour d'une ville by helene poirie.
a french artist with most works created in the 1950's.
i am mesmerized by her entire images de la vie series.

alongside the beautiful faces and funny doings of my children
and husband, these images bring joy to my life and make my heart sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment