Tuesday, December 15, 2015

weekend in europe

i'm not quite sure how to begin this post....
i guess i'll just say......my husband, my amazing, spontaneous, never know which way to look next, fly by the seat of his pants, constantly catching me by surprise, world as his playground, knows no bounds, romantic, loving husband of mine, surprised me with tickets to europe for the weekend.
so, off we went.......

flew thursday
 paris friday


musée d'orsay


 turned the corner, saw this, it took my breath away and then i cried
seeing my favorite painting in the world.


a degas for gabi


 the only problem with paris is......choosing what you DON'T want to take photos of....


spent a lovely evening at the church of st. vincent de paul

  
train to amsterdam friday night (i slept the entire 3 hour trip)
amsterdam saturday


a hop on, hop off canal cruise is a must...


lunch after the van gogh museum


during this visit, as well as when we lived in holland, amsterdam always surprises me by how quiet it is for a big, busy city.


rain never stops the dutch, they even go ice skating!


the amazing weekend ended on a high the highest note, and i mean the furthest "c" to the right on the piano, meeting my netherlands-loving and living brother kyle and his wife wendelien and kids lindsay and tristan for dinner. it was too wonderful to be with you guys again.

home sunday
amazing, amazing. thank you, thank you, thank you my love.

5 comments:

  1. boo''hooo'''hooo'''why didnt I go too....I am glad my prayers were answered and you got home safely again....what a fabooolous week-end and terrific pictures...Janet you could get yourself a job as a feature photographer when Paul decides to retire from the Knights of the Square Table.......luv you all Grandpa Darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all of it is so good! Im jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this trip. When Clay asked what I wanted for Christmas he said, " I can't take you to Paris like Paul". Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this trip. When Clay asked what I wanted for Christmas he said, " I can't take you to Paris like Paul". Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?? You are soooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete